Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Baked chicken, baby potatoes, and green beans

I was intrigued by this recipe that kept showing up in my newsfeed on Facebook.  I was intrigued because it looked simple and healthy.  As a single mother, two of the most important things regarding mealtime for my daughters and I are that it is simple and healthy.  I would say the most important would be that the kids like it and don't complain.

I did not save, share, bookmark, or pin this recipe.  But, I did remember that it was chicken, potatoes, and green beans in a baking dish.  If I couldn't find it on the interwebs, I couldn't be that hard to try to figure it out.  I trusted my very knowledgeable friend, Google, to point me in the right direction.  Google did not steer me wrong.  I found the recipe in a millisecond.  The original recipe asked for a stick of butter and a few other ingredients that I did not have on hand.  I had to make a few modifications.  Also, I just enough to feed the kiddos and me plus enough for lunch.



What you need:
  • Oven
  • 9x13 Baking Dish
  • Olive Oil Spray
  • Olive Oil
  • Chicken Breasts (I used 3)
  • Washed and Quartered Baby Red Potatoes
  • Frozen Green Beans
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
  • Foil

What you should or could  do:
  1. Preheat oven to 375*F.
  2. Spray baking dish with olive oil.
  3. Place chicken in middle of baking dish.
  4. Assemble potatoes and green beans on either side of the chicken.
  5. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
  6. Sprinkle cheese on chicken breasts (optional).
  7. Cover top of baking dish with aluminum foil.
  8. Place in preheated oven.
  9. Wait for about an hour.  Check Facebook, read my blog, work out, or help your kids with their homework.
  10. Remove from oven.
  11. Remove foil.
  12. Serve on plates.
  13. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment