Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My Weightloss Trifecta

Hi Friends,

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate you taking time out of your day to read my musings.

I have been struggling with my ride on the wagon.  I keep falling off, and can't seem to keep my place.  In losing my place, I lost myself.  I couldn't quite figure out why I couldn't get back on the wagon I had come to know and love so well.  Then it dawned on my that I was pushing out a very important part of my healthy lifestyle equation.  Support and Accountability.  I had always had this, but stopped tapping into this resource when I needed it most.  I have amazing people in my life who lift me up and keep me going.  I turned my back on them.  Also, I stopped being accountable with myself, by doing the research and self development that was helping me keep my head in the game. 

When I first started losing weight, I found that keeping myself educated on various topics helped keep me accountable and pushing towards my weightloss goals.  Building on what I learned the week before helped me keep on track, break through plateaus, and understand how what I was doing effected my body.

Ultimately, this feeds into the other two parts of what keep me on track.  The two attributes that I have the most control over.  That is my diet and exercise.  I realized this when I was really digging into my soul to understand how I had gained almost all of the weight back.  I need these three things all the time in some capacity in my life to maintain my health.  I call it my Weightloss Trifecta.

I actually got to the point of where I was neglecting all three areas of my weightloss trifecta.  I let my kids rule my life.  I couldn't figure out how to manage their schedules and mine.  I got tired of making two meals.  I had a lot of excuses.  But, the bottom line is, that I got in my own way. 

I have gotten better about controlling my diet.  Now, I am reaching out and working with my support system.  I will be using this platform to help inform you of the topics I am researching.  And lastly, I will be scheduling work outs to ensure I get it in and posting pics to social media.  So it is exercise and accountability all in one :)

Where I really beat myself up with all of this is over the fact that as a Beachbody coach, I have my trifecta at my finger tips.  I have work out programs paired with nutrition and a network of people who support me.  We run challenge groups to engage people just like me and you who want to take control of their health.

Where do you struggle?  What can you use more help with?

No comments:

Post a Comment